Responsible Sneakers. Local manufacture, Made In France or Portugal, in natural and recycled materials.
Recycled, 100% Made in Europe, Vegan, Organic
TIGHTS - SOCKS
BABIES - KIDS
Socks and caps: France
The whole production is outsourced to partner manufacturers.
Other production details
The goal for the shoes is to design a minimum basket which limits the use of different components.
Packaging / Packing
They ship all of their sneakers directly to their boxes, to avoid overpacking and unnecessary waste.
They are also careful to use recycled and recyclable kraft tape. Their boxes are made from recycled and recyclable cardboard. They are made a few kilometers from the sneaker manufacturing workshops.
No express delivery.
Having 100% of their production in Europe strongly increases chances to have a product made in fair conditions.
Having 100% of their production in Europe reduces the environmental impact of the brand.
Ubac mainly uses recycled materials. They explain how to recycle the shoes.
You can send them back your caps.
Partly recyclable. Shoes are very hard to recycle but here we notice they try to limit the number of materials. It is then easier.
- Packaging / Packing
They donate part of their turnover to Reforest’Action or the Bird Protection League.
Materials used to manufacture the products
Recycled wool, hemp, recycled natural rubber, Green EVA (60% sugarcane / 40% PU).
Recycled and natural materials.
- Recycled wool: Europe
- Hemp: Spain
- Recycled natural rubber: Portugal
- Green EVA (60% sugarcane / 40% PU): Sugarcane comes from Brazil. EVA made in Portugal
In more details:
- Recycled wool: 90% Brassac spinning - FRANCE (81) + 10% Florence spinning - Italy * Weaving in Castres - France (81)
- Hemp: Harvested near Barcelona - SPAIN * Weaving near Barcelona - SPAIN
- Sugar cane soles: south of Porto -PORTUGAL
- Recycled rubber soles: North of Porto -PORTUGAL
- Insoles: North of Porto - PORTUGAL
- Recycled PET laces: North of Porto -PORTUGAL
- Woven labels: North of Porto -PORTUGAL
- Recycled & recyclable cardboard boxes: North of Porto-PORTUGAL
For clothes, learn more and check our Fabrics index here
The founders wanted to design a brand of comfortable, timeless and responsible sneakers.
The word Ubac designates the side of the mountain least exposed to the sun and therefore the most preserved from human footprints. Ubac then becomes a symbol of unspoiled and still wild nature that we must take care of.
It aspires to a feeling of freedom and protection that high mountain landscapes can provide.